As a school of “excellence”, the student attire should reflect the attitude of students toward their job--learning. We encourage our students to dress in a neat and attractive manner that reflects pride in themselves and their school. We are confident in the judgment of parents in the selection of school clothing that is appropriate for school. Please help your child comply with our basic dress guidelines.
1. Hats and baseball caps are not allowed to be worn inside the building and sweatshirt hoods must be down.
2. Shorts and skirts must be at least fingertip in length.
3. Shirts showing skin in the mid-torso or shoulder tops are not permitted (no midriff shirts, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, tank tops, etc.) No underwear should be exposed.
4. Any gang related clothing, or clothing that can be interpreted as such, is not permitted. No sagging of pants.
5. Clothing with inappropriate language or pictures (as determined by building administration) is not allowed.
6. Students should always wear comfortable appropriate footwear and clothing for PE days and other such activities.
7. Backless slippers and flip flops should never be worn due to the danger they pose to your child during recess. Students who wear flip flops will not be allowed to play on the playground.
8. Shoes with embedded wheels can only be worn with the wheels taken out.
9. No perfume or cologne is to be worn by students.
10. Weather conditions should determine a child’s wearing apparel because children spend a part of each day outside playing. ALL students will be expected to go outside for daily recess unless the temperature drops below 20 degrees Fahrenheit (including wind chill).
11. An administrator may request a student be sent home or clothing be brought from home, if it is determined that their clothing and/or hairstyle is considered a distraction to the learning process.
12. Make-up should be minimal.
If clothing is determined to be disruptive to the learning environment, the student will be asked to call home for a change of clothes, turn an inappropriate shirt inside out, or put on a jacket/sweatshirt.